Skip to main content

Why you should use cloud and local backups for your data

 

For a long time I did not use cloud backups. I found out the hard way that this is a bad idea.

I use to only use a local backup for my data. This way, someone could not hack into my account and obtain my information. However, a couple years ago when I had to reinstall my Mac's OS, I lost data because I was unable to complete a local backup before the problem occurred. If I had a cloud backup at the time, all of my files would have been backed up earlier in the day and I would have lost less data.  Since then, I have been paying for a terabyte of cloud storage from Microsoft and it is a life saver. Last week my Mac completely died (I have been limping it along for a long time) and I had not done a local backup for over a day, but because I have OneDrive set up, I was able to sign in on another device and continue my work.

I recommend that you also get a cloud storage account. I recommend OneDrive, but there are other good cloud storage services available as well.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Excellent Cup of Coffee.

I recently had a cup of Black Rifle coffee and it was fantastic! It was rich in flavor and just the perfect tartness. Black Rifle's coffee has excellent quality. I highly recommend Black Rifle Coffee for you!

Apps to Try

Check out these awesome applications! FireAlpaca FireAlpaca is a fantastic drawing and animation application that is easy to use and free! ★★★★★ Zotero Zotero is an excellent application for any student or researcher. Zotero makes citing works and keeping track of resources easy and it's free. ★★★★ Kingpin Private Browser The Kingpin Private Browser is a great application for privacy concerned individuals. It is easy to use and secure! ( $9.99 ) ★★★★